Medical Risk Management Lawyers Stockbridge & Atlanta
Safeguarding your Georgia healthcare practice and staff privileges
The Georgia healthcare lawyers at Meadows, Macie & Sutton, P.C. are dedicated to protecting physicians, medical staff and healthcare providers with responsive and focused representation. Your interests are our priority.
Risk management issues in Georgia
Healthcare providers and their staffs deal with risk management issues all the time. The skilled and experienced Georgia healthcare lawyers at Meadows, Macie & Sutton, P.C. help doctors and their office staffs deal with these types of questions every day:
- Do I need to notify the insurance company about a written patient complaint?
- Does the doctor have to appear in court on his day in surgery in response to a subpoena?
- What if a medical records request is not property documented?
- What should be done about the partner who fails to complete his charts on a timely basis?
- Should I call counsel when I am asked for a deposition?
- Should I respond to a Composite Board inquiry on my own?
We have helped large and small practices develop risk management policy and procedures to minimize providers’ risk of incurring liability while responding to endless legal demands. We ensure you remain in compliance with the following:
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH)
- Pharmaceuticals and prescriptions
- Licensure and safety
- Business and billing practices
- Whistleblower statutes
Metro Atlanta area medical staff matters
In the discrete arena of hospital and healthcare plan medical staff matters, managing partner Rod G. Meadows at Meadows, Macie & Sutton, P.C. has served as hearing officer for almost every hospital in the greater Atlanta area and for many institutions throughout Georgia.
Meadows, Macie & Sutton, P.C. has also represented individual physicians in medical staff hearings, in negotiations with the Medical Executive Committee (MEC) and before the Georgia Composite Board of Medical Examiners.
Assisting Georgia physicians and healthcare providers with compliance and risk management issues
For legal assistance with your healthcare business, call Meadows, Macie & Sutton, P.C. at 770-450-1921 or contact our firm online to schedule an appointment.