Employment Lawyers Stockbridge & Atlanta
Assisting your Georgia business on all aspects of employment law matters
Whether you employ one, three or 3,000 people, having employees adds a significant layer of complexity to any business operation along with a raft of legal requirements and potential pitfalls. At Meadows, Macie & Sutton, P.C., our experienced employment lawyers help employers of all sizes navigate this minefield by working to prevent issues whenever possible and to address problems when they do arise.
Defending your business when disputes arise
Our firm also has experience in handling matters when an employment relationship results in claims against the employer. We have defended our clients against claims of discrimination before both the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the courts. We also have experience in defending against claims for unemployment compensation before the Georgia Department of Labor and appeals of those decisions to Superior Court.
Our Stockbridge lawyers have more than 80 combined years of experience in providing clients with effective representation in the following matters:
- Sexual harassment
- Wage and hour disputes
- Preparation/negotiation of employment-related documents and contracts
- Preparation of employee handbooks
- Breach of employment contract claims
- Pregnancy leave issues
- Protection of trade secrets
- Covenants not to compete
- Review of existing company policies
- Drug-free workplace policies
- Employee benefit issues
- Employee termination issues
In regard to prevention, we work with our clients on issues including compliance with hiring requirements, developing employment policies and procedures, and compliance with any applicable employment laws such as:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
We also have experience in working with employers who are federal contractors to ensure compliance with the unique requirements of such a relationship.
Providing Stockbridge & Atlanta employers with sound advice and representation
If you want to review your policies and practices to make sure you are in compliance with the regulations and laws relating to your employment practices – or if you have an active issue that needs to be addressed – call Meadows, Macie & Sutton, P.C. at 770-450-1921 or contact us online today to set up a consultation.